So my daughter, who likes to be original, wanted a unique binder for school. Before I tackled a large project I wanted to start small.
I wish I had taken pictures of the before and after of this now. I am impressed with the way it turned out and can’t wait to do another one.
The original leather purse was a thrift store find that I tore apart to make the journal. The lining came from Hobby Lobby.
Since this was the first time I have sewn with leather I was rather apprehensive, but it wasn’t as bad as I feared – I just went slow.
I used a water damaged 6×9 hardback book that I salvaged from the thrift store and customized the journal around it. (The interior of the book I used for another project.)
I attached pockets to both sides of the journal so that the paper could be replaced when needed. I also attached 2 small leather straps to secure a pen.
Now to search thru my purses so that I can make another journal.